How add page images for social media sharing
This is for when you want to share your website page on social media sites, such as Facebook, with a small description and an image accompanied with the link. If you don't specify an image then the social media sites will either choose a random image from the page or no image at all. So this is particularly useful to make sure you're showing the right image for to go with the message you're trying to communicate.
iFacebook automatically chooses an image from your website and a description based on the content of your site. But you can also tell them exactly what you want displayed.
To edit your Social Sharing information please follow theses steps:
1. Click the Pages link on the top menu or the Plus + button on the page tabs bar to open the Pages & Navigation window.
2. Click on the settings icon for the page you want to update
3. Use the fields highlighted below to edit the information displayed on Facebook.
When uploading your "Page Image" use images that are at least 1200 x 630 pixels for the best display on high resolution devices. At the minimum, you should use images that are 600 x 315 pixels to display link page posts with larger images. Images can be up to 8MB in size.
4. After adding your Page Title, URL and Image you can also click on the SEO tab to edit your Page Description:
5. After saving your changes, be sure to publish your site.
The following shows one we have done for one of our customers: